Friday 18 May 2007

You Dream

Yesterday you whispered in my ear
amidst falling fragile autumn fire leaves
And laughed with your head on my shoulder
Dancing on smooth blades of grass
Your feet light as the air that left my lips
to the gathering breath in your bosom
tasting you gently in ways that made you smile
and your tongue's soft caress hid
in the touch of your fingers
I smelt your hair and in it
lay the fragrance of the soil
which flowers penetrate
to nestle themselves under the sun's warmth
Your sweat and your tears
In which I glided like a sea turtle
paddling to the safety of your arms
and the familiar island of your body
Your skin soft and smooth against mine
Embraced so that I could hide within you
And there I stayed
till the last star's arc was complete across the sky
and lost unto the final hour
You left while I slept
Wond'ring aloud today
I will reveal that you have
lived only in my senses for such moments
That the earth may never know.

No comments: